Oct 6, 2018
Learn of an ancient practice of dwelling on God’s Word using Lectio Divina. The Six Stages of Lectio Divina include:
Silencio - Silence
Lectio - Reading
Contemplatio - Contemplation
Incarnatio - Incarnation or Living
Learn more at BibleGateway.com/resources/scripture-engagement/lectio-Divina/home
They provide practical steps to follow also:
1. Find a quiet place with uninterrupted time, at least 15 minutes.
2. Select a short passage, perhaps a Psalm.
3. Focus on the passage.
4. Embrace a mindset that you are coming to God’s Word to engage God.
5. Close your eyes and invite the Holy Spirit to be your guide.
6. If you get distracted, simply bring yourself back.
Background music from “Soul Breaker” by Alex Mason & The Minor Emotions.
Connect with us:
Facebook Group: Spiritual Disciplines for Today